Information We Collect About You. We collect information about you when it is provided to us through your use of our services, and when other sources provide it to us. This information may include:
- Account and Profile Information. We collect information about you when you register for an account with us. This may include information such as your name, your email address, your unique user ID, and any other information that you may provide us while using or signing up for our products and services.
- Information we collect automatically when using our products and services. Gobo collects information when a user uses our products and services, including device and connection information such as IP addresses for logins and subsequent requests. We will also collect information about what apps you install from marketplaces hosted by us.
- Payment Information. When you register for our products and services, we collect your payment information to process sales for our paid products and services. This may include names, billing address, contact information, billing representatives, etc. You will also provide payment information like credit card details, which will be processed via a secure payment processing servicer.
How Your Personal Information is Collected. We collect most of this personal information directly from you via your use of our service, and our website. However, we may also collect information from the following categories of sources:
- Information provided through managed accounts and administrators. Many of our products and services are intended for use by institutions and individual users are managed by an administrator from those institutions. If your use of our service is through an institutional account, the institution in managing those accounts may provide your information to us.
How We Protect Your Information. We use standard technical and organizational measures for a company of our size to secure the information we store. While we have safeguards in place, no security system is impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee that information, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
Why We Use Your Information. We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide our products and services to you. We use your information in order to provide our products and services to you. This includes authenticating your identity when you log in, communicating with you about our products and services, providing customer support, updating your profile, complying with our internal policies and procedures including for credit reference checks, and improving our products and services.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations When we’re required by law or when we believe it’s necessary to protect our rights, interest, and interests of others, we use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
Who We Share Your Personal Information With. Gobo does not sell any customer or user data, and we only use the data to improve our services and products. However, we may share information for legitimate business purposes including with:
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers that we work with us to deliver services to you. These service providers include companies who provide CRM services, server and storage providers, credit reporting agencies, insurers and brokers, customer support services, or other service providers necessary for the administration of our company and the products and services offered by Gobo. We only allow our service providers to handle your personal information if we are satisfied, they take appropriate measures to protect your personal information.
- Developers and account managers of our products and services. We share your information with relevant account managers, and developers whose app you install from marketplaces hosted by Gobo.
- Regulatory and Governmental Entities. We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- Other Third Parties. We may also need to share information with other parties, such as potential buyers of some or all of our business or during a re-structuring. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
What Information We Share. Gobo does not sell your information and we only share your information when necessary to accomplish a business purpose. We may share the following types of information with the parties discussed in Section 4 above:
- Account and Profile Information. Your account and profile information is accessible by your administrator for your account. We encourage you use different log in credentials while using our products and services from those that you use elsewhere.
- Payment Information. If you purchase a product from Gobo, your payments will be processed by a third-party payment processor. Your payment information will need to be shared with those payment processors in order to complete your purchase.
How Long Your Personal Information Will Be Kept. We will keep your personal information while you have an account with us or while we are providing products and/or services to you. Thereafter, we will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary:
- To respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf;
- To show that we treated you fairly; or
- To keep records required by law.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of personal information.
When it is no longer necessary to retain your personal information, we will delete or anonymize it.